The Farmingdale Train Station was originally built in 1841, when the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) was extended to run through the Village of Farmingdale, NY. It was rebuilt in 1875 and again in 1890. The station is along the Ronkonkoma Branch (Main Line), and has two high-level side platforms, each the equivalent of 12 train cars in length. The north platform is generally used by westbound trains heading to New York City, and the south platform is used by eastbound trains.
In 1994 TE funding was awarded to restore the historic structure. The project included replacing damaged brick and the roof, restoring the wooden interior of the waiting room, and creating an on-street bikeway. Federal Award: $175,500.00; Local Match: $49,500; Total: $225,000
Commuter TrainFarmingdaleLong Island Rail RoadNew YorkRailRoadStation